Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Are You Serious?

I have to say, there is something nice about being a twenty-something American living outside of the States.  I get to view my culture from an "outside the box" kind of perspective.  Something else I have to admit to is my absolute confusion as to why the "kids" (can you really call them kids anymore?) from Jersey Shore are such a fascination not just to Americans, but to the world in general.  Is our generation so starved for intellect that we want to be remembered in decades to come as letting these boozers be the spokespeople for our generation?  I'm sorry, but just the thought of seeing the blood results from "The Situations" physical markup for an STD test is enough to make me squeamish, much less to think that people voluntarily spend their precious free time tuning in to watch this throwback to the Neanderthals get wasted, get laid, tan, do laundry, and workout over and over and over and over again.  Okay, so maybe a fight or a random blow job falls in the picture to "spice things up" but that's about it folks.  No wonder foreigners snicker at Americans behind our backs and call them uneducated. How can we complain?  We have a chick named Snooki as being an international rep for our culture.  Okay boys and girls, let's get busy and, I don't know, read a book, volunteer for a charity, or just learn about someone else's walk of life.  You're damned sure more likely to learn something from that than a scene of "the crew" in a hot tub.

No comments:

Post a Comment