Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Mystery of the Missing Muffin Top

"Hi, my name is Southern Gal Abroad and I am a Carboholic.  It's been two days since my last confession.  I...have a guilty conscience.  I couldn't help it, honestly.  I ate..half a muffin..and I hate it too!  I was nauseous from not enough dinner combined with my morning thyroid meds and had to eat something.  No other cheating though, I promise!"

Okay, so I cheated.  I am human after all.  The fact that I have not divebombed into the chocolate section of the local grocery store speaks of strength I did not even know I possessed!  But, seriously, I am enjoying South Beach so far.  Aside from the headaches (I cut back from three cups of coffee a day to one) and nausea (yeah, no clue, stupidity on my part), and the general eerie feeling of deja vu I had while pregnant in my first trimester with both girls (NOT PREGNANT NOW!  Similar feelings), my energy levels have increased.  Yesterday I made Herr Hubby take the car into the city (and park far, far away from anything that might remotely hit the car on accident) and used the rare beautiful weather to walk around 2km to get Wild Child from kindergarten and Girly Girl from the bus stop.  After a small break, I walked another 1km with girls and Pooch to let them get some fresh air and the dog to get some exercise.  Of course my calf muscles hurt today, but another 1km walk this morning with Pooch and our visitor, Dumbkopf (my in-laws dog, she isn't actually named Dumbkopf, she's actually very sweet, just, well, dumb) to let them get some air before it started pouring down rain.  Upon putting on a pair of my "mommy jeans"(you know, the ones that are really high waisted and supposed to slim you but really just give you a wedgie and a muffin top?) when I realized something was different.  Okay, still had the wedgie issue, I always have it when wearing boyshort cut with them, BUT my muffin top was gone.  I looked down, around, under the bed, and "poof!" it was gone.  Hunh.  Okay, Girly Girl did tell me yesterday I looked thinner, but I just thought she was trying to sweeten me up to get ice cream (which I have not touched, so, ha!).  Today will be an inside day so I'll have to get on the exercise bike for twenty to burn off some calories.  Soon I can have a morning snack (Laughing Cow Light Cheese Wedge with some celery, actually good combo) and then see about planning the rest of the day.  Cravings are subsiding and I can't help but feel a giant sigh of relief on that one!  Tchüß, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment